Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Southwest Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

2 boneless skinless chicken breast
Lemon Pepper seasoning
1 package of Italian dressing mix
2 tsp of lemon juice
2 tbsp of water
2 tbsp of white vinegar
1 (15 oz) can of black beans
1 (15 oz) can of corn
1 cucumber
1 tomato
2 kiwi
1 bag of premade salad (I like the ones with multiple types of lettuce, carrots, and cabbage)

Toppings:

Shredded cheese (about 1 cup)
Croutons
Salad Dressing (My husband and I like Catalina and our kids like Ranch)

Directions:

First I cut the chicken into 1 in cubes. Cook them
in pan over stove top and add lemon pepper.
About a teaspoon. Cook until white.
 

Once it is cooked, you can set it aside in a medium bowl.



Next I cut up the kiwi, tomato, and cucumber.
I like them bite size. But however you prefer is
fine. Then add them to the bowl with the
cooked chicken.

Then I pour out the can of black beans and corn
into a strainer, rinse them off. And them to the
bowl with cooked chicken.


Now add the 2 tbsp of water, 2 tbsp of white vinegar, 2 tsp of lemon juice and the package of Italian dressing mix into the medium bowl. Stir well.


Put the bag of premade salad into a large bowl.
Add all the medium bowl on top and mix.  
Salad is ready, now add your favorite toppings. We added some cheese, croutons, and Catalina dressing.


This is my hubs favorite salad! Enjoy, and add some of your favorites to make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment