Tuesday, February 17, 2015

What to do with that Ham Hock from Christmas

That winter weather has come back again around these parts. It had us craving something hot! I knew there was a ham hock from Christmas in freezer. So the hubby and I went searching for a recipe. And of course what happens when you look for something online ... there were a lot of recipes! So I took what I liked from this one, added a few things from that one and this is what I came up with.

Ham Hock and Bean Soup in Crockpot



Ingredients:
Ham Hock (ham bone with some meat on it), cooked and defrosted
24 oz can of beans (any kind, I like pork and beans)
4-5 stocks of celery, chopped
4-5 carrots, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
32 oz of chicken broth
8 oz can of tomato sauce

Directions:
Put everything in crockpot. Can cook low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Great with cornbread!
I love Ree Drummond's recipe for cornbread, you will have to look it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment