Saturday, November 1, 2014

What is on My Lunch Menu

Grilled Cheese and Egg Sandwich

We first got the Egg Sandwich recipe from my sister-in-law, we just added our own twist to it. Thanks Kim! It now has become a weekend favorite.

What You Need:

Bread (slices depends on how many sandwiches you will make)
Eggs (boiled, estimate 1 per sandwich)
Miracle Whip (1 heaping tablespoon per egg)
Butter (to spread on sandwiches)
Cheese (I used velveeta and mozarella)

Step 1.                                             

Boil eggs.
The best way I (well actually my husband found this out online, we tried it and love it!) have found to boil eggs is to put eggs in pan, fill with water a little above the eggs, put on stove to boil, once it reaches a good boil turn off heat, leave on burner and put on the lid, then set the timer for 10 minutes.





 Fill pan with cold water. Let them sit for a few minutes to cool off. Then I empty water. Set eggs on counter, so I can use the pan to put the egg shells in. I tap an egg on the counter, then roll it. This cracks the whole egg.
 I get a piece of the shell and try to grab that thin layer under it, then it peels nicely.
 Had to take this picture of my helper peeling eggs with me.
Oh I love this egg slicer! I am sure I just bought it at Walmart or something. It first cuts them into wedges then smaller slices if you want.
I used four eggs. Kids wanted a boiled egg on the side of their grilled cheese sandwich.
 Since I used four eggs I added four heaping tablespoons of miracle whip.
 Use a spoon to mix. This is what the egg mixture looks like.
 Now I prepare for the grilled cheese sandwiches. We love to use velveeta, and I had some left over mozzarella slices I used too.
 I went ahead and spread the butter on the bread. I like to put butter on both sides!

Yep, that's how high our stack is. Almost the whole loaf.
 Next, I put one slice of bread on the griddle then add a piece of each of the types of cheese, then add the other piece of bread. I love my griddle, it works great for grilled cheese sandwiches, french toast and pancakes (and more, but that's what I can think of)! Also great to bring when camping.
 For those of us who wanted the egg in sandwich, I opened the grilled cheese sandwich right after I put it on the plate. Then added a good amount of egg mixture.

Yes, we use paper plates. Its lunch and its the weekend, don't judge me.

 End result. This is what kids plates looked like.
One day they will appreciate my new meals, right ?!?









This is what our plates looked like.

Yes, that is ketchup on our plates. We dip our grilled cheese and egg sandwich in it, don't  you?




No comments:

Post a Comment