Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Things I Ask Myself as a Mom

I am not sure if its because I live with five boys (yes, including the husband!) as I have no girls to compare to, but I often hear myself repeating these same questions!

Things I Ask Myself as as Mom...

- How did that get there? Like crayon marks on my walls, stuffed TMNT Ninja in my bed, marbles in my shoe, toy snake in husband's boots, hot wheel cars in shoes, lotion squeezed out on rocking chair, can food in drawer under stove, etc.

- How does he sleep like that? To unusual positions to weird places. Some weird places they fall asleep would be in my closet (hiding), down the hallway, in highchair (during dinner), on bathroom floor (without pull-up on, after pooping mind you), and the latest on the staircase.

- Why can't they pee in the toilet? Not on the lid, seat, around the toilet, floor, trash can by the toilet,   on the rug around the toilet, in bathtub etc.

- What did he just say? Oh the things, like; poopy head, peebuddy, fart face, Bobby head (not sure where this came from?), and basically anything else to do with pooping or farting.

- What is that sound? Usually silence is scary, but with these boys its NEVER quiet. Constant noise. From hearing them jumping off something upstairs, spilling legos everywhere, crying (the hurt cry), belching, farting, making up songs while they poop, ninja fighting, rolling down the stairs (themselves or toys), etc.

Yep, that's my BOY!







Nehemiah 8:10b 'Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.'

I am laughing out lout as I am recalling some of these things (yes they all have happened). But sometimes as they are actually happening it is not so funny. I have to constantly remember my strength is in the Lord. And BOY do I need strength with these 4 boys (especially that second child, gotta LOVE him)!

No comments:

Post a Comment