Saturday, October 10, 2015

Who Says Boys Aren't Sweet?!

First, get over the fact that I used the word, "aren't" ... It is a word! I'm from Texas and that is what we say, plus this is not a formal essay. Now, we can move on.

I just have to share how precious my little boys can be.

It was my birthday. Yeah ... another year older, whoo-hoo. My boys kept asking, "What are we doing? What are we eating for dinner? (We enjoy birthday dinners, were whosoever birthday it is they get to pick what they want for dinner.)  What are you going to Get?"

I tried to explain. The only thing a mom wants is not to cook dinner on her birthday. As you get older you don't usually get gifts. It is just not a big deal. After the persistent questioning, I could see there was no reasoning.

It was Friday. We had to get up early and travel to our Co-op. Going through our classes. And of course, since we are in-town we make our stops for groceries. By that point it is past little's nap time. Then we get home, I put little down for a nap. And start the process of unloading the days mess from our van. Luckily, older kids do help.

While I'm putting away the food, the boys go off into another room.

Soon they come in with these beautiful handmade bookmarks. All saying, "happy birthday", with hugs and kisses. How sweet! I do enjoy reading, and said, "now I can use these bookmarks for my study book, Bible, and this book I just got." They used some of my favorite colors (blue and purple), and some of theirs (blue or orange). Sometimes it is the little things ...


My day did not end there. I like to also add, my husband brought home purple flowers and cards. Plus he ordered a really cool picture frame collage for me! Then he let me take a nap while he made dinner. Then we went to see his niece play in the varsity band during football game. NOTHING better than the simple genuine love from my boys (and my Man!).


3 comments:

  1. Awe how sweet, you truly are a Blessed Woman! I can't wait to see & read your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe how sweet, you truly are a Blessed Woman! I can't wait to see & read your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi I miss yoll sorry I mist the game cant wait to com over and happy late birthday cant wait to red your next one

    ReplyDelete